[Users] redundancy

Ramin Dousti dousti at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 15:38:17 CEST 2006

Hi Antoine,

Unfortunately the site is unavailable (I'll keep trying).

On the same token, I need to have some kind of redundancy. Someone
on the list recommended the usage of NAPTR, SRV for that matter but
as Bogdan pointed out that mechanism does not support automatic failover
in its current state.

Let me re-iterate my question, is there any way I could implement the
failover mechanism based on the DNS A records within the configuration
file. I've been going through the documentations and been unable to spot
such a setting. Does anyone have any configuration snippet that shows how
to "try this destination first, if the destination is unreachable, then try that
destination". Please note that the failover I'm looking for is only with regards
to the IP-connectivity failure, meaning if the next hop is not there I want to
failover, and not if the transaction to the next hop fails with some legitimate
return code.

Thanks everyone for your time/help.

Ramin

On 9/20/06, Antoine Fressancourt <af.devlist at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't really know if it can help, but Jan Janak made a presentation
> at the last FOSDEM about such redundancy problematics. It is
> available at : http://www.iptel.org/jan/
>
> I hope it helps a bit...
>
> Antoine
>
> Le 19 sept. 06 à 20:38, Ramin Dousti a écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > A SIP INVITE to sip.mydoamin.com with sip.mydomain.com having two A-
> > RR's, must
> > be forwarded to the first IP and if that IP is unreachable then to the
> > second IP. How can
> > I achieve this?
> >
> > My first problem is that I seem to not have the list of the two IP's
> > available to me via a
> > configuration key-word. So I need to hardcode the IP's in my conf
> > file.
> >
> > My second problem is I don't know how to iterate over these two IP's.
> > Maybe I can
> > use t_on_failure() and have the second IP processed in the
> > failure_route[]. But then
> > again, how can I distinguish between a timeout and a legitimate
> > failure?
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> >
> > --
> > Ramin