[Users] Error in installing Ruby...Please help...Please

Ferianto siregar ferianto_voip at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 08:25:47 CEST 2006

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your help.
A few days ago, I have sent a message that to ask about openser admin installation. Thank you very much for your help. Thanks
Now, I have tried to install it again. But, When I compile the rubygerms-0.9.0.tar.gz, I got error message. This is the task that I have done before:
1. Untar the rubygerms packet
        # tar -zxvf rubygems-0.9.0.tar.gz
        # cd rubygems-0.9.0
        # ruby setup.rb
        # gem install --include-dependencies
When I type this command, "gem install --include-dependencies", I got error message.
This is the error message:
      Attempting local installation of 'rails'
      Local gem file not found: rails*.gem
      Attempting remote installation of 'rails'
      ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteSourceException)
      Error fetching remote gem cache: getaddrinfo: Temporary failure in name     esolution

What`s wrong? I do hope anybody can help me to solve this problem. Please help me...Please help because of my lack skills..Please

Note:
1. I do not have connection through the internet, so for rails packet, I have downloaded the rails-1.1.6.tar.gz.
 I have untar it in root directory(same as rubygems) and type command
 rails # script/server
But, Nothing happens. Why? Please...
Thank you very much
Regards,