[Users] Error when installing openseradmin.Please help..Please

nick nick at mobilia.it
Mon Sep 4 09:25:32 CEST 2006

Ferianto siregar wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Thank you very much to all of you for your kind-hearted to reply my
> questions.
> Thank you very much.
>
> All, Now I try to build the openser admin in my openser server. I have
> tried to build it for many times, but never successfully. I know that my
> skill is too low. So I try to ask it to you. Please help me..Please.
>
> I have tried to build the openser admin packet by using README .But, I
> am confused. Maybe  it is  because of  my lack skill to understand it.
> Here is the task that I have done:
> 1. I have download Ruby and Rails packet. The versions that I have got
> were rubygems-0.9.0.tar.gz and rails-1.1.6.tar.gz
>
> a. Untar the Rubygems packet
>              # tar -zxvf rubygems-0.9.0.tar.gz
>              # cd rubygems
>              # ruby setup.rb

No errors on the install?

> b. Untar the Rails packet
>              # tar -zxvf rails-1.1.6.tar.gz
>              # cd rails
>              # ruby script/server
If you have gems installed you can just

gem install rails --include-dependencies

> c. Untar the openseradmin packet
>           # tar -xjvf openseradmin-0.3.tar.bz2
>           # cd openseradmin-0.3

That's correct, but without rails installed it probably won't work..

> d.Logging into the database server
>           #mysql -u root -p
>           > Connect openser;
>           > GRANT ALL ON openser.* TO 'openser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED
> BY 'openserrw';
>           > USE openser;
>           > SOURCE /root/openseradmin-0.3/db/database_tables.sql;
>           > EXIT
>
> Here is the confusing problem that I got :
> 1. When I try to run "gem install mysql", I got the error message. So, I
> can not execute it. What`s wrong?

Try gem install mysql --with-mysql-config=/path/to/mysql/lib

> 2. When I try to access it by using web browser by typing
> "http://localhost:3000", I get nothing. What`s wrong?

You need to start the web server, but without mysql, it won't work..

> 3. Would you mind tell me if all the task that I have done correct or
> not? I need some suggestion or adviseable. Please....

Install rails, then install mysql, then start the server, it should work
fine...