[Users] redirect and proxy functionality

Mark Kent mark at noc.mainstreet.net
Sat Sep 2 21:28:42 CEST 2006

I have a clash of concepts in my head, and it's messing with my
openser config.

1) On one hand I think that if a phone is configured to use an outbound
   proxy then it should use it.  Period.

2) On the other hand, I now do a "300 Redirect" and the phone sends back,
   to the same box, the same Invite but with the redirected r-uri.
   This is consistent with 1), but in this case I don't want this
   behaviour...

If things are supposed to work like 2) then why wouldn't I just
rewritehostport() and t_relay it without bothering with the redirect?

In any case, I don't want to do that (rewritehostport), I want the
redirect to be "try over there, and don't bug me again."  I don't want
to relay the dialog.

So, in the real world, what should I hope to get out of
a redirect (3xx) code?

Thanks,
-mark