[Users] Changing call ID?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Oct 26 10:18:04 CEST 2006

Hello,

On 10/25/06 18:22, Olle E Johansson wrote:
> I got a bug report in our bug report tracker for Asterisk that claims
> that SER changes the call ID by
> adding a :port after the IP address.
>
> From reading the RFC, I don't think it's a valid change. For me, it's
> a new
> call ID.
>
> Questions:
> - Is changing a Call ID permitted within a dialog?
no, it is not permitted
> - Does SER/OpenSER actually do this?
no, it does not do such changes. My guess is that the user tried to
replace some private IP address via replace functions and because most
of the SIP devices use IP in call id, he got to this case. Otherwise
there is no code in public CVS which changes the Call-ID header.

See you in Berlin!
Cheers,
Daniel