[Users] Re: [Devel] OpenSER Summit - Preview (I)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Tue Oct 24 15:08:02 CEST 2006

On 10/24/06 15:59, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> the agenda is getting close to final version. I just want to preview
>> the content of the event, now with two weeks before the event.
>>
>> I believe we manged to bring there in discussion most of the domains
>> VoIP could touch and hot topics nowadays. We cover from development
>> to business cases, from research to IMS, 3/4G. Next is a briefing of
>> agenda, as of today, although it may change a bit in the future.
>>
>> The summit day (November 8) will start with introduction of special
>> guests and history of OpenSER. It will be followed by a set of heavy
>> subjects of VoIP: Application Server based on Java SipServlet
>
>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> has this something todo with openser?

yes, it is a solution using openser -- see description in agenda. It
will allow to create VoIP applications using java sipservlet
specifications. Java is a language among the favorites at application
level, known for easy and fast development (similar with web: cgi, php,
jsp. servlets ... different technologies, one can choose the best for it).

> btw: what about an AGI interface for openser, which allows of passings
> AVPs between openser.cfg and the AGI scripts?

We will welcome such extension.

Cheers,
Daniel