[Users] Changing TM Retransmission Count?

Tavis P tavis.lists at galaxytelecom.net
Mon Oct 23 22:38:36 CEST 2006

I'm uncertain as to what the best solution to this problem is

1.  Adding configurable logic to set the number of retransmits (both
globally and per transaction)

2.  Perhaps expanding the definition of "fr_inv_timer" (in the TM
module) to include situations where no provisional response has been
received.  Or creating a third timer that has these characteristics
This is mainly in response to using this timers to handle Call Forward
on No Answer, if the user is newly unavailable and has a timer value of
12-30 seconds set (by avp), the logic will not be executed until TM
decides that its retransmitted the INVITE for long enough (~42 seconds,
with the default timers).

Generally speaking if an entity doesn't respond in less that 10 seconds
then i would consider it unavailable and move on

Its a common feature in many SIP enabled applications that i've found
useful, i'll add it as a feature request in the tracker to see if anyone
else is also interested in having this functionality

In the meantime, i'll try reducing the retry timers and see if i can
bring down the amount of time OpenSER spends retransmitting

tavis