[Users] Pre-paid?

Mike Williams mike at mikebwilliams.com
Mon Oct 16 19:55:03 CEST 2006

Moacir,

Honestly, I think Asterisk is better suited for pre-paid applications. It is
much slower than OpenSER because it sits in the middle of every call, but
this is also exactly what makes it much easier to do pre-paid applications.

However, OpenSER has a ton of functionality and is quite flexible, so I'm sure
it could be, maybe by using the SST (Sip Session Timer, I believe) and SIP
Session modules. Likewise, you can extend OpenSER by writing your own module
for this task.

In the end, if you're looking for a smaller scale solution that is already
done, look at Asterisk.

Mike Williams