[Users] Openser ALG setup

Lindsey Hans Joseph Lao llao at infoweapons.com
Tue Oct 10 08:53:01 CEST 2006

Hello All,

I am setting up Openser in this configuration:

Client ---------> (private interface) Router (public interface)
--------> Registrar

The router is configured with Openser having mediaproxy module support.
What I want to achieve is for nat traversal to happen at the router side
such that when the sip messages reach the registrar, it would already
contain the public IP address in its contact header field. I am using
Openser here more like an application level gateway. Openser is
listening on the public interface only. Currently, my setup is not
working with the private address of the client registering in the
registrar. Is this a possible setup? Can someone show me the way?

Thamk you very much.

Hans