[Users] SIP vz IAX...

Mike Williams mike at mikebwilliams.com
Mon Oct 9 22:10:01 CEST 2006

On Monday 09 October 2006 06:49, raviprakash sunkara wrote:

Raviprakash,

> we can Communicate the SIP and IAX by below scenario
>
> SIP (UA) --------> OPENSER -----> ASTERISK --------> IAX (UA).......  this
> I can do...
> IAX -----------> OPENSER  ----->  ASTERISK --------->  SIP/IAX.

I don't think this one would work. It would need to be:
IAX -------> Asterisk -------> OpenSER ------> Asterisk -------> IAX

> But main  problem  is ...
> Suppose
> IAX ------> ASTERISK-----------> openSER ------------> SIP / IAX  ... How ?

This one would be just like the one above:
IAX -------> Asterisk -------> OpenSER ------> Asterisk -------> IAX

> Help me this.... forgive me in English.... :P

I would recommend you to use SIP, because I think Asterisk is the only server
that supports IAX, and almost all phones are SIP phones, not IAX phones. I
believe IAX is mostly designed to connect two Asterisk servers.

Mike Williams