[Users] Re: changing the response code/message

Ramin Dousti dousti at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 22:43:06 CEST 2006

To give a more concrete example of what I need to do:

I'm using some specialized device to measure the PostDialDelay. That device
is capable of measuring the time between sending out the INVITE message till
the reception of 183, or 200 response.

The tel number that is being used for the call is a TDM PIC number. The packet
voice gateway (PVG) would issue a 183 with required SDP for the announcement
and after the announcement has been played, it sends a 606 response. Now this
device considers the whole dialog as failed and hence does not record the PDD.

What I was thinking to do was to front this device with openser and on openser
convert the 183 response to a 200 and have the device happily record the PDD.
My config looks like the following but I don't see any change in the response:

route[1] {
      t_on_reply("1");
      t_relay();
}

onreply_route[1] {
    if (status=~"(183)") {
       replace("183 Session Progress", "200 OK");
    }
}

Can someone please help solve this problem?

Thanks,
Ramin