[Serusers] Re: Fw: [Users] TM : retransmission timers

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Tue Nov 28 22:51:38 CET 2006

At 12:53 22/11/2006, Weiter Leiter wrote:
>Let me compare with cars. ser is the much more fast car then openser,
>but with openser I can drive the shortest route whereas with ser I had
>to drive weird routes because of missing functions.
>

>I believe that naming such functionality would help in this kind of sessions. (I have my wish list for both, as well.)

Just curious what your "wish list" is?

>But I'm still not sure whether there got to be an open feature list and a roadmap for SER.

Actually a roadmap suggestion is in the ottendorf release announcement
http://www.iptel.org/new_major_ser_pre_release_ottendorf_is_out_for_testing
It is kind of testing balloon -- wondering if people would like to comment
on it.

>Probably this is
>getting better with the select framework in Ottendorf - if only I could
>understand it.
>

>I find it pretty easy to use, but I join you in denouncing that the documentation is lagging behind, something that becomes chronic for SER;

badly, I have to join you too :-) anyhow, if you occur to have some examples or text
to share, that would be just fantastic.

Also I recall you once mentioned some fast-usrloc-loading feature in an email I can't
find -- could you share with me what this actually is?

thanks!

-jiri