[Users] NOTIFY message required fields ??

Chris Robson Chris.Robson at nrl.navy.mil
Tue Nov 28 13:35:12 CET 2006

Is the field "Content-length" a required field in a NOTIFY message?  I
see that it is part of almost every message from OpenSER except the
NOTIFY message.  This is causing some issues with Gaim SIMPLe interface
which processes the header based on the header string "Content-Length".
Note Gaim does not care about the value associated with the header
string just the fact that the string "Content-Length" exists.
Therefore, since OpenSER isnt sending the string, Gaim is core dumping.
FYI on the core dump.  Yes, Gaim still has a bug on how it is processing
what it sees as unknown SIP messages which actually is causing the core
dump, the real problem is the fact that Gaim is processing the header,
expecting to see the field "Content-length".  So before I report this to
Gaim as a bug, I wanted to get insight into whether the field is a
required field.

Thanks......