[Users] Radius accounting: what happens if radius server is down?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Nov 27 19:06:21 CET 2006

Hi Cameron,

as far as I know, the radius client library does not provide any support
for RADIUS server failover. OpenSER cannot do anything about this as the
radius configuration is not available to it (it is directly loaded by
the radius client library).

most probably you should try to come up with an HA configuration for
your Radius server. Using a secondary logging backend is got, but see
how this affects the load on your server.

regards,
bogdan