[Users] resent packets in siptrace

Mark Price markprice at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 22:02:38 CET 2006

Hi,
I am logging text/html messages with siptrace, and seeing that certain
packets are being retransmitted several times, but am left with no way to
detect that they are retransmissions and not legitimate messages.
I.e. the contents of the msg field are the same, and the other fields in the
table seem to be of no help.

Is there a way to detect within openser that a packet is either a
retransmission or being sent to multiple destinations, so that only the
first one is recorded?

The larger problem I am trying to solve is the above one.
However, the specific one is interesting, too.

The specific circumstances under which this is happening is that I'm trying
to communicate between gaim 2.0 beta5 and a counterpath xten phone.
1. the gaim client will only login using tcp (it's udp transport seems to be
broken.. it won't send the Authorization header).
2. messages sent from gaim arrive at the destination, but gaim does not see
incoming messages... openser complains about tcp errors.

 7(32169) ERROR: tcp_blocking_connect: timeout 10 s elapsed from 10 s
 7(32169) ERROR: tcpconn_connect: tcp_blocking_connect failed
 7(32169) ERROR: tcp_send: connect failed
 7(32169) msg_send: ERROR: tcp_send failed
 7(32169) ERROR:tm:t_forward_nonack: sending request failed

In this context, the MESSAGE packets get sent several times, and get logged
several times.

Thanks,
Mark Price