[Serusers] Re: Fw: [Users] TM : retransmission timers

Wed Nov 22 12:39:16 CET 2006

Jiri Kuthan wrote:
> At 23:48 21/11/2006, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> I would propose to have focus on making own applications better than trying to show the other one is worse.
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I actually think that providing undisputable measurements is a good thing
> to do for knowledge. Knowledge is never too dear :-) (Sir Welsingham)
> Something is rotten in the state of Denmark (W.S.), though....
>
> What surprises me is that with this strong opinion of yours, your own company
> actually displays comparisons with outdated software on its website:
> http://www.openser.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=44

Openser users know that this is an rather old comparison. Nevertheless,
to avoid confusing newbies I would suggest adding a timestamp of the
comparison and detailed version information.

> There is another webpage which really makes me puzzled. It is called "OpenSER History"
> http://openser.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=61.
> The owner of the website, Voice Sistem SRL, which I believe you are
> affiliated with, suggests in a twisted language that SER has been purposely
> discontinued.

Apperently Ottendorf proves this to be wrong. Although I ever wondered
if there will come a new ser release (no roadmap). This site needs an
update ...

 > I'm being told that some other personal affiliated with
> the same company more or less copied-n-pasted TCP code from the allegibly
> discontinued SER to OpenSER.

That's how open source works. I also copied lots of TLS extensions from
ser to openser, and even extended it. You can also copy my extensions
back to ser ... I would love to see it there :-)

regards
Klaus

> So can you confirm for me that Voice Sistem SRL takes NEW code from SER of it
> which it says it is NOT being continued on its webpage?
>
> This is really not a most pleasant conversation I can think of, but I am
> really *very* interested in your answers.
>
> -jiri
>

> --
> Jiri Kuthan            http://iptel.org/~jiri/

Klaus Darilion