[Users] TCP REGISTER

Tue Nov 14 11:31:54 CET 2006

Hi!

1. In REGISTER, the client has to indicate TCP as transport protocol in
the contact header, e.g. sip:foo at 1.2.3.4:9876;transport=tcp

2. If the client is behind NAT, the client has to keep the TCP
connection open, as the proxy can't open a TCP connection to the proxy.

E.g. you can use eyebeam/xlite - which forks fine with me.

regards
klaus

Russ Daigle wrote:
> When I REGISTER for UDP,  I receive subsequent requests for that user.
> However, when I perform a TCP REGISTER,  even though the register
> returns 200 OK,  no requests make it to the user.
>
> Is this supported?  It should be.  However, I noticed when you do a
> "openserctl ul show" command, it shows users, but it doens't indicate
> whether they are UDP or TCP registered.
>
> -Russ

Klaus Darilion
nic.at