[Users] certificate recommendations

Mark Price markprice at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 18:35:45 CET 2006

Can I have some recommendations about what company and what package to go
with for a certificate to work with openser?
I have a cert from godaddy, and it seems that it won't work with openser
because of the intermediate certificate that they require you to use.

Godaddy issues a certificate, a private key and an intermediate certificate
(the intermediate certificate
So openser loads just fine if I set:
tls_certifcate=cert.pem
tls_preivate_key=cert.key

but the phone still fails to validate the certificate, because there is no
place to specify the intermediate certificate.
The intermediate certificate is the one that corresponds to the apache2 ssl
directive SSLCertificateChainFile.

The phone says:
Registration Error: 503 - Certificate Validation Failure

and the openser logs say:
 7(7201) tls_accept: Error in SSL:
 7(7201) tls_error: error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert
unknown ca

Thanks,
Mark Price