[Users] Parallel calls with multiple contacts for 1 user

Jean-François SMIGIELSKI jf-smig at ibelgique.com
Fri Nov 3 14:58:11 CET 2006

Hello, list!

I currently use the debian package of OpenSER (v1.1.0-5), and I see a behaviour I do not explain with RFC's and OpenSER Documentation.

I have registered several User-Agent under the same username/domain couple in an OpenSER instance with the registrar module. When I try to call "username at domain", I expected OpenSER to call the contact with the highest q-value, and keep the other contacts into transaction branches for later use (as said in the usrloc module's documentation, in the "lookup" function description).

In spite of this, I observed that OpenSER called each contact in a parallel way, and the first UA that responds a 200 is the one that receive the final ACK, other branches are closed.

Is it  wanted / intentional / normal ? Is the documentation up to date?

Whatever will your answer be, thank's a lot!

Jean-François Smigielski.