[Users] Re: how to run openser through monit daemon?

Padmaja RV padmaja.rv at vodcalabs.com
Tue May 30 14:33:48 CEST 2006

Hi! Thanks for the help.... there is a line i entered in the monit control
file that looks something like this:

/var/run/openser.pid..... when i run openser from  /etc/init.d/openser
start, and look at the web interface of monit, i see that openser failed to
start and and when i look into the /var/run directory, there is no pid for
openser. does that mean openser was not running at all? Also, please let me
know if there is any other way other than monit to run openser which is
installed from CVS. I want to directly run openser without the monit daemon.
I could not find any logs relevant to openser.

Thanks again for the help,