[Users] uac_auth cseq workaround - ANY ?

G.Jacobsen g_jacobsen at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 29 20:03:05 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to use the uac_auth function against an asterisk box and receive 488 not acceptable here.

It appears that this is not due to a media problem since the client which is routed through openser can issue an authenticated invite without problems when registered directly with the asterisk box - with exactly the the same media settings.

So I supect that this 488 message is due to the fact that openser does not increase the cseq during authentication causing asterisk to issue a 488 after the correct response to the challenge.

What are my workaround options to authenticate openser against asterisk (or any other RFC compliant proxy) ?

ANY practical hints would be highly appreciated.

TIA for your help.

Gerry