[Users] 2 Openser Instances

Fri May 26 13:25:54 CEST 2006

An outbound proxy should not have to rely on the main proxy. It is a
stand-alone proxy. There are typically 2 choices:

1. The outboundproxy (OBP) stores the NATed contact in it's own usrloc
table and forwards the modified request to the main proxy. The main just
"sees" the outbound proxy which forwards requests to the client.

2. The OBP is stateless (no DB needed) and forwards requests using the
client, but forwards the requests to the outbound proxy. RFC3327

But you do not need a dedicated outbound proxy for NAT traversal. Doing
the NAT traversal in the main proxy also works.

regards
klaus