[Users] Mediaproxy and RTP streams

Marco Meinardi m.meinardi at reteitaly.com
Tue May 16 14:26:05 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I'm testing OpenSER with mediaproxy and I want to force the use of
mediaproxy in every situation (not only when one of the users is behind
a NAT); for this reason I have modified the attached configuration,
starting from features-callfwd.5.0.cfg by ONSip.

I am experiencing the 3 following situations:

1. Caller is PUBLIC, called is PUBLIC.
RTP stream passes through mediaproxy (I verified with tcpdump)

2. Caller is PUBLIC, called is PRIVATE (NATed)
RTP stream from PUBLIC to PRIVATE is direct, from PRIVATE to PUBLIC
passes through mediaproxy

3. Caller is PRIVATE, called is PRIVATE
RTP stream is direct in both ways, no media proxy usage.

This behaviour is somehow weird... do you have any idea of what could be
the reason? I have tried to manipulate OpenSER configuration but I got
no behaviour change.

Thanks in advance for your help!

--
Marco Meinardi <m.meinardi at reteitaly.com>

ReteItaly S.r.l.
www.reteitaly.com

C.so Svizzera, 185 - 10149 Torino - Italy
Tel. +39 011 7767694 - Mobile +39 335 7878604
Fax +39 011 746179