[Users] new major release roadmap

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Sun May 14 15:31:47 CEST 2006

Hello,

as you could deduced from last mails, preparation for a new major
release started. The problems in the past weeks with the CVS delayed the
start.

Initial plan was to freeze the CVS last week and go in testing phase (it
will be announced very soon, once the all developers will be aware). The
target is to release the new version 1.1.0 at mid of June (one year
since OpenSER started). We will do the best to stick to that date,
although it might be postponed for a bit, if the testing phase does not
go smooth.

There were a lot of new features and improvements added to the
development branch. Delaying a new release will make hard the migration
to it.

In this testing phase we will integrate most of the patches posted on
the tracker, with special care to TLS (thanks to Klaus for his
contribution). Also, the modules will be reviewed to be aligned to new
syntaxes and internals of the core.

Just to list some of the new stuff:
- statistics support in core
- NAPTR support
- direct access to pseudo-variables via avpops
- new modules: dialog, osp, path, siptrace, statistics, unixodbc
- lot of new features in: avpops, enum, rr, tm, msilo, pdt, nathelper,
group, dispatcher, textops ... modules

To ease the migration, I have started a dokuwiki page to collect the
changes and upgrade steps:
http://openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=migrating_openser_v1.0.x_to_v1.1.x

Hope some of you will contribute there. Testing development branch and
feedback will be very appreciated.

Cheers,
Daniel