[Users] Re: ACK is sent before the re-INVITE to OpenSER

Gene Willingham gwillingham at comcast.net
Fri May 12 19:45:43 CEST 2006

I thought I was experiencing the same issue.  But after looking at it
closely, I discovered the ACK is not being sent.  I am not an expert with
OpenSER and may not be using the correct terminology, but I will try to
explain what I see happening.

I am using Openser as a gateway to our provider. We send invites from
asterisk to openser and we forward the invite to the provider. We are using
rewritehost followed by t_relay to route the requests.  When we receive the
200 ok back from the provider we relay the message back to asterisk.
Asterisk responds with an ACK followed by the reinvites.  The issue we are
seeing is the ack is not relayed at all, only the reinvites get relayed.

We then added the following to the top of openser.cfg:

        # ---------------------------------------------
        # Asterisk reinvite issue relay ACK immediately
        # ---------------------------------------------
        if (method=="ACK") {
                forward(uri:host, uri:port);
                route(1);
        };

Now the ACK is being handled correctly.  We are clearly missing something.

I suspect the same thing is happening on inbound calls with the relaying of
200 ok messages.

Gene

Message: 6