[Users] Cisco phone behind ADSL (with NAT)

Andreas M. openser at breitenlee.net
Fri Mar 31 18:15:20 CEST 2006

Hello,
Cisco doesn´t support STUN or similar like X-lite, so it is always
registered, if no nathelper is used, with the private address and never
reachable from the outside.

One thing you can do is to change the dsl router, there are SIP aware
products on the market, i´m using  for testing one Cisco1800, and have
no problems with cisco phones and nat.

I think Speedtouch products are also SIP aware.

regrads ,
Andreas M.

PS: I´m not realy happy with cisco phones, there are better
solutions.......My opinion.