[Users] Problem with forking

Kenny Chua strain15 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 28 22:08:57 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I was wondering what is the max children I can spawn. When I set children = 32 I got this error when doin openserctl moni:

Error opening openser's FIFO /tmp/openser_fifo
 Make sure you have line fifo=/tmp/openser_fifo in your config

Seems like openser or my system can't support that many children? I read that in the core cookbook that max children was 32. Wonder why it crashed on my system. Its a Dell Server, specs should be Pentium 4 3 Ghz with 1 GB ram. I think this spec should be enough to support 32 children.

Here is the debug error.

51(4998) ERROR:domain_db_init: cannot initialize database connection
51(4998) 52(5000) new_connection: Too many connections
52(5000) ERROR: child_init(50): Error while connecting database
52(5000) ERROR:init_mod_child: Error while initializing module usrloc, rank 50
52(5000) init_children failed
ERROR: domain:child_init(): Unable to connect to the database

What am I suppose to do to fix it? I'm using mysql database. Is it because mysql needs to support more connection? How am I suppose to change that? Thank you