[Users] Openser password change

Kenny Chua strain15 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 07:46:16 CEST 2006

Hello everybody,

 Have anyone of you changed the openser and openserro password? I've actually changed it in mysql. And then of course changed it in my openser.cfg. However after that, everything just fell apart. What else am I missing? If I do change those 2 passwords, where else am I suppose to change it?

 Another question is, have anyone of you ever had the problem where openser just don't want to start. I've found out it's not starting whenever I typed openserctl moni or ps. It tells me openser_fifo not found. Then I use monit to restart it. Still nothing happens. Created a fake openser_fifo in /tmp, still nothing worked. After awhile of leaving it on, openser finally decides to start. Not sure what triggered it. This problem just happens sometimes.

 My system is, CentOS 4.3, openser 1.0.1, rtpproxy, monit 4.8.1. Thank you.