[Users] No /var/run/openser.pid file found

Padmaja RV padmaja.rv at vodcalabs.com
Fri Jun 2 06:35:03 CEST 2006

Hi!
     thank you so much for the reply....Do you mean that the
/var/run/openser.pid file is not required if we run it thru init?I too would
like to run openser thru init and  i initially tried to do it that way. but
the web site has something called how to run openser thru init which again
requires installation of another s/w called monit daemon which will start
and stop openser. but even when i tried to start openser thru init script as
/etc/init.d/openser start, i get the following message: "Command monit to
start openser" and then nothing happens.... i get the prompt back. if i go
to the web interface of monit, i see it tried to start openser but failed
due to the same reason: /var/run/openser.pid does nt exist.

so i want to know what to do if the openser.pid file is not present in the
/var/run
No /var/run/openser.pid file found . Please help me out!!

Thank you all for the help with syntax check of openser.cfg.....

Thanks and Regards,
Padmaja