[Users] Error compiling Openser 1.1.0 on Slackware.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Mon Jul 31 16:21:15 CEST 2006

Hello,

On 07/31/06 17:13, Shane Burrell wrote:
> I'm running slack with the 2.6 package.  I'll try commenting that out.  Are
> there any adverse affects by not having EPOLL?

not such big, just decrease of number of TCP connections your server can
handle. OpenSER will fallback to select mechanism and not so many TCP
connections as with epoll can be managed.

I have no slackware around, but maybe one of you can provide a patch to
makefile that detects this case if infrastructure. I will look for a
better mechanism to detect epoll support in OS.

Cheers,
Daniel