[Users] Accounting wrong BYEs

Thu Jul 20 10:13:46 CEST 2006

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Hi Klaus,
>
> it does sounds like a realistic scenario.
>
> First of all the UAC may not discover all the branches based on To-tag -
> there might be branches that haven't sent any reply, or replies were
> absorbed by the forking server (ex: 180 after 183 will not be relayed).

Really? Why not? This is strictly valid and make sense. All gateways
does this:
   INVITE  --> SETUP
   183 <--  PROGRESS w/ inband audio
   180 <--  ALERTING

> Even so, when the BYE is generated, you cannot route it properly to the
> callee set because you do not have a unique routing set for the path.

The client will have a route set for each early dialog.

> Different sets may be returned by each branch; also until the final
> reply the mirroring of RR hdrs is not mandatory. So there is the problem
> how to deliver the BYE to all the branches.

This might be a problem. But it is mandatory for 18x:
Record-Route             2xx,18x       mr

> Even so, it suppose that the UAS understands a BYE before 200 OK and is
> able to f proper filtering based on the to tag parameter. Not sure how
> many clients will do this.

This will be a problem too.

regards
klaus