[Users] Accounting wrong BYEs

Dimo begeragus at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 13:41:48 CEST 2006

Hi all,
I have a problem with accounting wrong BYEs:
I have noticed that some UAs like the spa are sending BYE to cancel an
INVITE instead of a CANCEL message. Now openser is interpreting this
correctly, but the problem is with accounting which will account this
BYE as call stop. Since there was never OK to the invite, there is no
call start and just a call stop which makes my billing very unhappy.
Is it possible to have something in the accounting module that will
prevent such "fake" byes of being accounted?
I am also thinking how to script it in my config, what i have thought
of so far is when receiving a BYE to check if there is ongoing
transaction  and if there is, do not flag the BYE for accounting. This
however will probably result in some real BYEs not being accounted
too, because (correct me if wrong) the transaction will still exist in
mem for some short time after the OK is received.
Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Dimo