AW: [Users] Declined INVITE invokes multiple Decline's at Proxy

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Jul 14 17:04:38 CEST 2006

Hi Andrew,

Augustin, Andrew (external) wrote:

>Hello Daniel,
>
>Thank you very much for your tips.
>
>You are right. The ACK did not match the dialog - under this particular scenario there was an inconsistency between the branch, to, and from tags.
>
>Hello All,
>
>I have further questions related to this topic and routing of 'locally generated' ACKs...
>
>-  How does OpenSER distinguish between 'locally generated' and 'end-to-end' ACKs?

end-to-end ACKs are matched based on transaction matching against the
INVITE transaction (see the RFC for the transaction matching elements).

for hop-by-hop ACKs, additional info as top most via and RURI as
required to identically match the INVITE transaction.

>-  How does OpenSER know when a 'locally generated' ACK closes the transaction (e.g. Decline reply) that it is involved in?

by matching the ACK against the INVITE transaction.

>-  Does openser allow the modification of the Route header in a 'locally generated' ACK and usage of TM's t_relay method to relay this ACK? Or is this prohibited so that only OpenSER is allowed to automatically route locally generated ACKs?

hop-by-hop ACK routing is not based on Route - actually this requests
does not contain any Route hdr

regards,
bogdan