[Users] Declined INVITE invokes multiple Decline's at Proxy

Augustin, Andrew (external) Andrew.Augustin at external.t-mobile.de
Tue Jul 11 19:15:16 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am using openser v1.0.

I have a problem with the following SIP scenario with openser:

- A invites B to a call session, B declines the invitation

The following message trace occurs between A and B and various proxies.
Openser v1.0 is running on Proxy-1. The messages occur in sequence and are
numbered: F27, F28, ... through F107.

Referring to the following trace for the above scenario I am expecting the
call
flow to terminate at message: F55 once the 'Decline' has routed its way back

back from the B-Party to the A-Party and a final 'ACK' is sent by the
A-Party
to the previous proxy: Proxy-1.

But what actually occurs is that openser running on Proxy-1 automatically
resends a 'Decline' at message F56 identical to the 'Decline' it first sent
at
message F46. This in turn prompts further ACKs and 'Decline's until it
finally times out at message F107.

It appears that openser saves the original message and attempts to
retry/resend the 'Decline' message when prompted by an ACK.

The above behaviour also occurs for the following scenario:

- A invites B to a call session, B responds with a Busy

Can you help me to:

- understand what is going on
- terminate what appears to be an open 'transaction' for the 'Decline' and
prevent further 'Decline's and ACKs being sent around the system.

Best regards,
Andrew

A-Party           Proxy-1           Proxy-2           Proxy-3
B-Party
10.1.195.134:5062 10.1.195.134:5060 127.0.0.1:5070    127.0.0.1:5080
10.1.195.208:5060
|                 |                 |                 |                 |
| F26 INVITE (sdp |                 |                 |                 |
|>--------------->|                 |                 |                 |
| t to us 100 F27 |                 |                 |                 |
|<---------------<|                 |                 |                 |
|                 | F28 INVITE (sdp)|                 |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------->|                 |
|                 | r call is important to us 100 F29 |                 |
|                 |<---------------------------------<|                 |
|                 |                 | sdp) INVITE F30 |                 |
|                 |                 |<---------------<|                 |
|                 |                 | F31 100 trying  |                 |
|                 |                 |>--------------->|                 |
|                 |                 | F32 INVITE (sdp |                 |
|                 |                 |>--------------->|                 |
|                 |                 | t to us 100 F33 |                 |
|                 |                 |<---------------<|                 |
|                 |                 |(sdp) INVITE F34 |                 |
|                 |<---------------------------------<|                 |
|                 | F35 100 trying -- your call is im |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------->|                 |
|                 | F36 INVITE (sdp)|                 |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------------------------->|
|                 |                 |                 |  Trying 100 F37 |
|                 |<---------------------------------------------------<|
|                 |                 |                 | Ringing 180 F38 |
|                 |<---------------------------------------------------<|
|                 | F39 180 Ringing |                 |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------->|                 |
|                 |                 | Ringing 180 F40 |                 |
|                 |                 |<---------------<|                 |
|                 |                 | F41 180 Ringing |                 |
|                 |                 |>--------------->|                 |
|                 |                 | Ringing 180 F42 |                 |
|                 |<---------------------------------<|                 |
| Ringing 180 F43 |                 |                 |                 |
|<---------------<|                 |                 |                 |
|                 |                 |                 | Decline 603 F44 |
|                 |<---------------------------------------------------<|
|                 | F45 ACK         |                 |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------------------------->|
|                 | F46 603 Decline |                 |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------->|                 |
|                 |                 |         ACK F47 |                 |
|                 |<---------------------------------<|                 |
|                 |                 | Decline 603 F48 |                 |
|                 |                 |<---------------<|                 |
|                 |                 | F49 ACK         |                 |
|                 |                 |>--------------->|                 |
|                 |                 | F50 603 Decline |                 |
|                 |                 |>--------------->|                 |
|                 |                 |         ACK F51 |                 |
|                 |                 |<---------------<|                 |
|                 |                 | Decline 603 F52 |                 |
|                 |<---------------------------------<|                 |
|                 | F53 ACK         |                 |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------->|                 |
| Decline 603 F54 |                 |                 |                 |
|<---------------<|                 |                 |                 |
| F55 ACK         |                 |                 |                 |
|>--------------->|                 |                 |                 |
|                 | F56 603 Decline |                 |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------->|                 |
|                 |                 |         ACK F57 |                 |
|                 |<---------------------------------<|                 |
| Decline 603 F58 |                 |                 |                 |
|<---------------<|                 |                 |                 |
| F59 ACK         |                 |                 |                 |
|>--------------->|                 |                 |                 |
|                 | F60 603 Decline |                 |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------->|                 |
|                 |                 |         ACK F61 |                 |
|                 |<---------------------------------<|                 |
| Decline 603 F62 |                 |                 |                 |
|<---------------<|                 |                 |                 |
| F63 ACK         |                 |                 |                 |
|>--------------->|                 |                 |                 |
|                 | F64 603 Decline |                 |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------->|                 |
| Decline 603 F65 |                 |                 |                 |
|<---------------<|                 |                 |                 |
|                 |                 | Decline 603 F66 |                 |
|                 |                 |<---------------<|                 |
|                 |                 | F67 603 Decline |                 |
|                 |                 |>--------------->|                 |
|                 |                 | Decline 603 F68 |                 |
|                 |<---------------------------------<|                 |
|                 | F69 ACK         |                 |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------->|                 |
| F70 ACK         |                 |                 |                 |
|>--------------->|                 |                 |                 |
|                 |                 |         ACK F71 |                 |
|                 |<---------------------------------<|                 |
|                 | F72 603 Decline |                 |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------->|                 |
| Decline 603 F73 |                 |                 |                 |
|<---------------<|                 |                 |                 |
|                 |                 | Decline 603 F74 |                 |
|                 |                 |<---------------<|                 |
|                 |                 | F75 603 Decline |                 |
|                 |                 |>--------------->|                 |
|                 |                 | Decline 603 F76 |                 |
|                 |<---------------------------------<|                 |
| F77 ACK         |                 |                 |                 |
|>--------------->|                 |                 |                 |
|                 | F78 ACK         |                 |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------->|                 |
|                 |                 |         ACK F79 |                 |
|                 |<---------------------------------<|                 |
|                 | F80 603 Decline |                 |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------->|                 |
| Decline 603 F81 |                 |                 |                 |
|<---------------<|                 |                 |                 |
|                 |                 | Decline 603 F82 |                 |
|                 |                 |<---------------<|                 |
|                 |                 | F83 603 Decline |                 |
|                 |                 |>--------------->|                 |
|                 |                 | Decline 603 F84 |                 |
|                 |<---------------------------------<|                 |
|                 | F85 ACK         |                 |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------->|                 |
|                 |                 |         ACK F86 |                 |
|                 |<---------------------------------<|                 |
|                 | F87 603 Decline |                 |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------->|                 |
| Decline 603 F88 |                 |                 |                 |
|<---------------<|                 |                 |                 |
|                 |                 | Decline 603 F89 |                 |
|                 |                 |<---------------<|                 |
|                 |                 | F90 603 Decline |                 |
|                 |                 |>--------------->|                 |
|                 |                 | Decline 603 F91 |                 |
|                 |<---------------------------------<|                 |
|                 | F92 ACK         |                 |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------->|                 |
|                 |                 |         ACK F93 |                 |
|                 |<---------------------------------<|                 |
|                 | F94 603 Decline |                 |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------->|                 |
| Decline 603 F95 |                 |                 |                 |
|<---------------<|                 |                 |                 |
|                 |                 | Decline 603 F96 |                 |
|                 |                 |<---------------<|                 |
|                 |                 | F97 603 Decline |                 |
|                 |                 |>--------------->|                 |
|                 |                 | Decline 603 F98 |                 |
|                 |<---------------------------------<|                 |
|                 | F99 ACK         |                 |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------->|                 |
|                 |                 |        ACK F100 |                 |
|                 |<---------------------------------<|                 |
|                 | F101 603 Decline                  |                 |
|                 |>--------------------------------->|                 |
| ecline 603 F102 |                 |                 |                 |
|<---------------<|                 |                 |                 |
|                 |                 | ecline 603 F103 |                 |
|                 |                 | F104 603 Declin |                 |
|                 |                  Decline 603 F105 |                 |
|                 | F106 ACK        |                 |                 |
|                 |                 |        ACK F107 |                 |