[Users] drop() and final replies

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Tue Jul 11 14:30:27 CEST 2006

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> for re-writing the negative final replies, use the failure route:

Oh, yes, of course. But, however, it seems to be a little bit more
complicated.

There are clients with adjustable ring-timeouts, which signal 302 and a
Contact to refer to on such a timeout event. I intercept such replies
and perform a server-side call-forward.

Now if the UAC the call is forwarded to is busy and replies with 486, I
can intercept this reply, but if I call break (for example because there
is no conditional call-forward for this busy UAC), the first 302 is
handed back to the original caller, and I don't see a way how to catch
this reply again and rewrite it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andy