[Users] need help progressing from newb status.

Marc Rys m.rys at ivalve.net
Wed Jul 5 07:37:51 CEST 2006

Hello all.  Over the last week, I’ve installed OpenSER on my Debian Sarge box with some degree of success.  I’ve succeeded adding users to OpenSER, and I’ve stumbled my way through the openserctl commands to add my VOIP capable Ascend Max as a digital PSTN gateway.  At this point I can only get PSTN calls to terminate from the PSTN to my un-NAT’d VOIP UA’s(grandstream HT-486’s).  I’m still on my search to find the proper openserctl command to route all PSTN calls out my gateway.  (any help here would be appreciated)

Also, could somebody point me in the right direction on where to find complete documentation on how to setup mediaproxy on OpenSER?  I’ve followed the install instructions included with mediaproxy-1.7.2.tar.gz. but when I I attempt to start mediaproxy I get the following error….

sipproxy1:~# /etc/init.d/mediaproxy start

Starting SER MediaProxy server: mediaproxy/usr/bin/env: python: No such file or directory

/usr/bin/env: python: No such file or directory

My main goal is to get these HT486’s further out on the Internet and of course behind some kind of NAT device.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marc