[Users] Debian Etch with MySQL module

Jason Hoss jason_hoss at quintum.com
Mon Jul 3 22:07:44 CEST 2006

-- jh at tutpro.com wrote:

From: Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>
To: jason_hoss at quintum.com
Cc: <users at openser.org>
Subject: [Users] Debian Etch with MySQL module
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 22:57:16 +0300

libmysqlclient14 is available in sarge.  you could try to force
installation if you have with libmysqlclient15 installed.

-- juha

I have set up apt to pull from the ETCH repository by adding the following line to sources.list:

deb http://www.openser.org/debian etch main

This failure should not happen because the mysql installed is the base install for ETCH and the packages should work for ETCH. It seems that a recompile against this newer library should be done to make this package work for a fresh install of ETCH.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to work around this?  I would like to use force as a last resort.

Jason Hoss