[Users] Using uac_replace_from to munge username between ser and Asterisk?

Barry Flanagan barryf-lists at flanagan.ie
Mon Jan 30 19:40:40 CET 2006

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Hi Barry,
>
> I've seen some time ago a similar post - a suggested solution was to
> enable multidomain support into Asterisk in order to avoid user
> overlapping.

Apparently it is not possible yet in Asterisk. Answer from the Asterisk
list:

> For authentication, we only look at
>
> 1) Whether the domain is a domain we host
> 2) If the user (regardless of domain) is a user we know
>
> The user namespace is common for all hosted domains, so you can't have barry at domain1 *and* barry at domain2.

So, the only way around it that I can see is to somehow have OpenSER
change the username to username_domain so that each will be unique.

It looks like uac_from_replace should handle this. I have tried it, and
I can see that Asterisk does in fact get user_domain at domain in the first
invite, but thereafter for some reason OpenSER changes it to just
_ at domain for subsequent requests.

Regards,

-Barry

--