[Users] FEATURE: new enum extensions

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Jan 30 17:44:48 CET 2006

Hi,

thanks to Greg's patch, new functionalities are available in the enum
module. Here is the initial description of the patch:

<quote>
is_from_user_enum:
I find this extremely useful.  This function uses the 'From' uri
and does a enum lookup based on that number.  A true or
false is returned.  I route to my customers using enum, so when the
customer does an outbound call i can use this to verify that
they are indeed a valid customer before routing the call.

enum_fquery:
Carry the previous function another step.  You can do 'source routing'
of a call using the from address.  I do a enum lookup based on the from
number, and then apply the ruri to number to the naptr that was found.
Using this technique you can 'source route' individual numbers.  In this
way, for example, customer A can elect (pay for) routing out 2 or 3
gateways,
while customer B elects to just have one provider.  Another interesting
feature is to temporarily reroute a customer to an intercept stating
that his account is suspended.
</quote>

for details, please refer to the on-line documentation:
    http://openser.org/docs/modules/1.1.x/enum.html

regards,
bogdan