[Users] Functionality

Andréa Giordanna andrea_giordanna at yahoo.com.br
Thu Jan 12 22:16:04 CET 2006

Hi,

 Thanks for the information.
 I've made some changes in msilo module code, and now it sends messages in the time stored in a table. But it sends the message even if the destination user is offline.
 Is there any way to check if the user is online before sending the message?

 Thanks,
 Andrea Giordanna

Daniel-Constantin Mierla <daniel at voice-system.ro> escreveu: Hello,

On 01/07/06 01:09, Andréa Giordanna wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I need a functionality on openser.
> The functionality would allow users to save on the server
> - a message,
> - a time and date
> - and a group of uris,
> and at the given time, the server would send the message to each one
> of the group of uris.
> This functionality would be useful for users to send reminders of
> events to a list of uris.
> Are there any modules on openser that do something like that?
there is no module with such functionality. Something a bit similar is
the msilo module, which stores instant messages for offline users and
sends them when the users become online. Maybe if you start from it, you
can implement your own module.
> If not, how could I implement it?
You can use the fifo interface to send messages. See the sources for
"openserctl fifo" command to learn how to send fifo command from a shell
script.

Cheers,
Daniel