[Users] Re: OpenSER and transport selection (SRV and NAPTR)

Greg Fausak lgfausak at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 19:06:42 CET 2006

Howdy guys,

I completely missed this thread.
How is this going?

I just read the roadmap which indicates NAPTR lookup
is on the list.  I've been maintaining NAPTR and SRV records
looking forward to the day when t_relay() forwards using NAPTR (and
SRV).  Does that mean that the t_relay() will maintain the state, slogging
through the NAPTR/SRV records appropriately, without me having
to do additional logic???  Specifically, I'm keen on the SRV serial forking.

-g

Hi Bogdan,

> I meant t_reply() will keep its behaviour as looking into URI for the
> destination - but it will incorporate the NAPTR lookup.

Great - this answers my question.

> to response also to on earlier question, regarding the timing
> -  I say 3  months are more than enough ;).

Excellent.

Many thanks for your help (and patience ;)
--Joachim

--
Greg Fausak
greg at thursday.com