[Users] snom registration expiry

Christian Benke a0305292 at unet.univie.ac.at
Thu Jan 5 18:35:12 CET 2006

Hello Klaus!

Thanks for your reply, you have triggered some new ideas. of course i
should have thought about checking back if any packets are received by the
openser host after the line is dead but i thought if it still works with
ser, it should work with openser too(and i still have no problems with a
second line registered at ser at port5060 while the registration at
openser at 5061 is lost).

ok, the result of the ngrep was that no packets appear on the openser-host
when i try to call from the (dead) line. i've made some tracing both on
the snom and the ser/openser-host as you suggested.

To my surprise, the snom seems to be the device that doesn't behave as
expected - it doesn't re-register on the openser-configuration!

I have made the attached traces in this way:
First i've set the account-details on the snom with
103456 at sip.de.domain.cc,then rebooted the phone and started the trace on
the siprouter-host on port 5060(ser), then changed the configuration to
112233 at siptest1.domain.cc, rebooted the phone and made the second trace on
port 5061(openser). In both cases i didn't touch the phone or make any
calls after the reboot to get a pure registration-trace.

When i use the account 112233 at siptest1.domain.cc, the snom registers once
and doesn't try to re-register anymore.
With the account 103456 at sip.de.domain.cc, the snom re-registers every 5
minutes, not the expected 10 minutes, but at least it does re-register.

When switching the account-details, i didn't do anything but changing the
login-details(username, password, registrar-url), the rest of the
configuration has not been touched.

The phone-firmware is 3.60w.

There doesn't seem to be a difference between the siplogs, at least i
can't see it. i'm really puzzled right now... 8-|

I've attached the siptrace from the ser/openser-host:
SER_host_siptrace.txt/OPENSER_host_siptrace.txt

the syslog from snom190:
SER_snom190_log.txt/OPENSER_snom190_log.txt

and the siptrace from snom190:
SER_snom_siptrace.txt/OPENSER_snom190_siptrace.txt

I have tried this several times now, changing the configuration and
rebooting, same results everytime. on SER it's reregistering exactly every
5 minutes, on OPENSER it isn't.

I hope all this information is not too much and you have the time to sniff
through.

thanks!
christian

p.s.:i've also thought about a error in the srv-records on my nameservers,
but they look exactly the same for all sub-domains, the only difference is
the port change from 5060 to 5061...

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:58:46 +0100
Klaus Darilion <klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> wrote:

> Hi Christian!
> The more interesting part would be the SIP signaling between the SNOM
and the proxy. If registration is lost, that means that:
> - SNOM stops sending REGISTER or
> - SNOM still sends REGISTER but they are not accepted by openser Please
set exires back to 10min and watch the SIP signaling:
> - using "ngrep -t -W byline port 5060" on the proxy
> - using the logging feature of the snom phone
> Please post this logs.
> regards
> klaus
> Christian Benke wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I've been running my experimental(production in the near future)
environment with ser and a mysql-db for some months now but want to switch
> > to postgres and openser soon. i'm using a very simple routing as i
didn't
> > have the time to dig deeper into the ser-routing-language.
> >
> > i've already adapted my current config-file to openser and the routing
works as expected. still, there is one major problem i could not cope with
yet: Expiry.

> > i'm using a snom 190 and had the "proposed expiry"
> > set to 10min with ser, without any registration-problems or
> > registration-loss.
> > with openser with the same settings on the snom i loose my
registration
> > within a few minutes after phone-reboot, when setting "proposed
expiry" to
> > 1min on the snom it works without problems endlessly - but setting
this
> > generally to 1min on all the phones that will register at openser
doesn't
> > seem to be a good idea and i guess there are other ways.
> >
> > I've tried to force it with the modparams min_expire 100, max_expire
1800
> > and default_expire 600
> > but the result is still the same, calls are possible after rebooting
the
> > phone, but after some minutes(below 10min), i loose registration.  I
had
> > similar problems due to a firewall closing the connection, but that
occured when i had set a 60min expiry on the snom(with ser), the 10min
timeout works fine with the same snom 190 and ser.
> > I've searched a lot for
> > expiry-problems but only found the modparams above that could be
responsible for this.
> > Sorry if my explanations sound simple and untechnical,
> > but i'm pretty unexperienced with ser/openser yet so i try to explain
it
> > the way i understand it, simple ;-)
> >
> > i've attached my config-files, both ser and openser:
> > 21X.XXX.XXX.100 is the host running ser(port 5060) and openser(port
5061)
> > 21X.XXX.XXX.101 is asterisk1
> > 21X.XXX.XXX.102 is asterisk2(asterisk2.de.domain.cc)
> >
> > i'm registering my phones at openser with the domain
siptest1.domain.cc, the
> > second domain sip2.de.domain.cc is a test for a multidomain setup but
doesn't work yet(i can't
> > use the domain-column provided by the db since i need two different
origination domains in asterisk's sip.conf to seperate the calls - maybe
> > not the best approach...)
> >
> > p.s.:
> > a second question regarding the multidomain - i can't register with
sip2.de.domain.cc - i guess there's something wrong with my regexp