[Users] Openser as a Outbound Proxy

Gene Willingham gwillingham at comcast.net
Wed Jan 4 15:49:36 CET 2006

I would like to see if I can use Openser as an Outbound Proxy for Asterisk.
I would like SIP clients to register with asterisk, but go through Openser
first.

What I need Openser to do is receive the request, deal with NAT issues then
forward the request to Asterisk for registration.  I see two possibilities.

1.  Openser configured as Outbound proxy setting on the SIP device.

2.  Openser configured as proxy, but then forward request to asterisk.

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated.