[Users] multiple rtp onsame port

Jayesh Nambiar voip_freak at yahoo.co.in
Thu Feb 23 03:01:39 CET 2006

Hi,
  thanks for the reply bogdan. Even i knew that proxy is only doing signalling here, but I did not face this problem when I sent the calls directly to the pstn gateway. Again when I used the sip proxy, the problem came in again.
  The problem is not consistent but once in a while it arrives and stays for some time and its very irritating as two different rtp streams are connected on the same port..
  Have you ever heard of such problem in VoIP scenario as I googled a lot at this problem but with no luck. What could be the cause..
  The 6010 port is OK as the RTP starts from port 6000 in AudioCodes Mediant 2000 media gateway.

  thanks again,
  jayesh

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at voice-system.ro> wrote:
  Hi Jayesh,

your script does not handle media at all (you do not use any rtp relay
as rtpproxy or mediaproxy). So, it has nothing to do with the SIP proxy.
one interesting fact is that the GW is complaining of port 6010 for
media...which is quite unusual for media....

try monitoring the ports at net level to see how's sending data there.

regards,
bogdan

Jayesh Nambiar wrote:

> Hi all,I am facing a strange problem while using openser. I am running
> openser 1.0.0 and while calling, multiple call gets connected on the
> same port. I am using Audiocodes media gatewaywhich sends calls to
> Openser and openser then t_relays the call to pstn gateway. When there
> are simultaneously 8-10 calls going on, there are more than 1 call
> getting connected on the same port.It is like a cross connection in
> which you can hear a other phone ring.I get the following log on the
> Audiocodes gateway:2d:5h:1m:54s Multiple RTP detected on Port 6010.
> Switch to Destination Stream IP: 0xd8a8a262, Source Port: 34784. Left
> Stream IP: 0xd8a8a262, Source Port: 34846 [File:TCPIPHal.cpp
> Line:1181] [CID:0]2d:5h:1m:54s Multiple RTP detected on Port 6010.
> Active Stream IP: 0xd8a8a262, Source Port: 34784. Rejected Stream IP:
> 0xd8a8a262, Source Port: 34846 [Code:7003
File:TCPIPHal.cpp