[Users] call drop in a few seconds

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Feb 2 12:26:27 CET 2006

Hello,

On 02/02/06 13:11, unplug wrote:
> When UA1 calls UA2, UA1 drop the call before UA2 take the call.  After
> a few second, UA1 makes another call to UA3.  The call established and
> it will drop after a few second.  I expect the situation below.
>
> UA1 ------INVITE ----> UA2
> 		UA2 (ringing)
> UA1 ------CANCEL----> UA2
>                             UA2 (ringing)
> UA1 -----INVITE--------> UA3  (in few seconds)
> UA1 ------call established----UA3
> UA1 <-------BYE------- UA2
> UA1 -----call drop--------UA3
>
> What can I do to reduce the situation above?

such situation is hard to prevent from proxy side. In my opinion, the
UA1 does not behave correctly. After UA1 sends the CANCEL, it has to way
for 200OK of CANCEL and 487 for INVITE and then send the ACK for
INVITE's reply. Only after all these messages , it can close the dialog
to UA2 and not the one to UA3.

Basically, the UA1 matches the wrong dialog for BYE (the From tag in BYE
(UA2) should be different than the tag of UA3).

Cheers,
Daniel