[Users] TLS problem, not able to start openSER

Steffen Witt witt.steffen at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 27 21:14:26 CET 2006

Hello Ncheeku,

there are some syntax changes necessary in your config file:

http://openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/install:1.0.x-to-1.1.x

This section reflects changes in configuration file format.
TLS

Note: the following text is based on current CVS+the TLS patch
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1477147&group_id=139143&atid=743022)

    *
      "tls_require_certificate" was renamed to
"tls_require_client_certificate" to be more accurate and self
explanatory
    *
      "tls_verify" was splitted into "tls_verify_client" and
"tls_verify_server" to set the verify policy indepdently for TLS
client and TLS server domains
    *
      new parameter "tls_client_domain_avp" defines the AVP for AVP
based TLS client domain selection
    *
      parameter "tls_domain" was splitted into "tls_client_domain" and
"tls_server_domain" to allow definition of TLS client and server
domains
    *
      "tls_verify_client", "tls_verify_server" and
"tls_require_client_certificate" can be used inside the respective
tls_xxxx_domain block to define the verify policy per TLS domain
    *
      "tls_ciphers_list" can be used inside the tls_xxxx_domain block
to specify the TLS method per TLS domain

For more details refer to the TLS README in tls/

Hope it helps...

Best regards
Steffen