[Users] How to get CDR in Openser

Thu Dec 21 11:33:59 CET 2006

Hi!

basically openser is call stateless. Thus it generates CDRs for
transactions.

A normal call will have 3 CDRs:
- the INVITE transaction
- the ACK transaction
- the BYE transaction

you have to correlate the 3 CDRs into a single CDR for billing purposes
in your billing system.

Note: openser is a proxy, thus the CDRs are not always 100% correct. For
SIP<-->PSTN calls to have correct CDRs you have to genereate the CDRs on
the gateway.

Note2: dialog module in openser CVS can export the dialog time. This can
be used to account the call time in the BYE CDRs (see devel mailing list
for latest dialog module extensions)

regards
klaus

raviprakash sunkara wrote:
> Hi Users
> When comes to the Account Part  with either  OpenSER acc module or Radius..
>
> Account section of openSER is Event requesting ...... Mainly  we need to
> calculate the  START ( ACK after the INVITE) and STOP ( BYE)
> it  insert two Two records ,,,, total talk  time  is difficult to generate

>> Howard Tang wrote:
>> > Hi klaus,
>> >
>> > I am new to the VOIP / Voice world. Thank you for your reply. I just
>> > want openser to generate CDR. Do i need radius to do that?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Howard

>> no, you do not need radius. you can alos use syslog accounting or
>> database accounting.
>> http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.1.x/acc.html
>>
>> btw: please cc the mailing list
>>
>> regards