[Users] Delayed signalling?

Max Gregorian gregorian442 at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 20 02:23:20 CET 2006

Just out of interest, is DNS caching required or recommended on the servers
themselves?

I checked and *nscd* is present in the current installed version of CentOS
on all the servers without the need for downloads or updates (at least from
the packages I selected before installing). It just hasn't been configured
and as far as I can tell, is not running.

Also, what sort of performance should I expect from these servers given the
specs I mentioned before, in terms CPS, for example. Not necessarily looking
for a definitive figure, but at least a ball-park figure - say a bare
minimum (50 CPS min. or above maybe?).