[Users] re: how to pass the Caller ID into uac_replace_from function ?

don lin don12lin at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 21:09:31 CET 2006

Hi there,

   We have a Postgres Database to store the users' informations before we use  Openser. To integrate between Postgres and Openser, we write external C  programs and call them from Openser with exec_dset function.
   The issue we have now is with  the Caller ID. When the user makes a call to PSTN number from SIP devices (soft phone or hard phone), the telco carrier requests us to send a numerical Caller ID, not the SIP format (such as john.dow at abc.com). What I am doing is to add the Caller ID field into the Postgres for each user and write a C program to query the Caller ID field, then Openser calls it with exec_dset functioin.
    However, I did not find a way to define a variable in Openser to store this Caller ID and pass it to uac_replace_from function.
    Appreciate for any suggestions.

Jeff,
    You mentioned that you replaced the From Header, may I ask how you do it ?
Thanks and Regards,

Don

<Message: 4