[Users] Delayed signalling?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Tue Dec 19 17:49:50 CET 2006

On 12/15/06 21:27, Jiri Kuthan wrote:
> At 10:37 15/12/2006, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>

>> On 12/14/06 17:03, samuel wrote:
>>
>>> It might be due to a DNS query....whenver a request has to be
>>> forwarded to a domain, openSER makes a DNS query to resolv the IP.
>>> During this operation, the child processing the request will not
>>> answer to further incoming messages.
>>>
>> If proves to be because of DNS, the best is to install nscd (name service cache daemon) which will speed-up a lot DNS interaction. Having it in the system will help other applications to do DNS queries faster (e.g., asterisk, mail servers ...). It looks to be really powerful being able to cache many services, not only DNS. It comes packaged with most of common distributions.
>>

> Actually we have tried this one and yet another one (whose name I can't recall)
> and there were some reliability issues. Unfortunately, I remember this very remotely,
> cc-ed thus serusers as this debate was there once going on -- hopefuly someone
> with better memory than myself will speak up.

nscd is part of GNU C Library, I am sure a lot of people will be happy
to learn about and many will strive to fix as soon as possible, if you
can describe the issues you had with it -- it is part of a core
component in all Unixes.

Also, the name of the other one and the issues will help the developers
to make it better -- testing and feedback is the most appreciated.

Cheers,
Daniel